|Home||Glaube & Reise||Prayer Fellowship MITTE||Contact|
„Wittenberg, the glorious city of God...
...seat and fortress of the true catholic doctrine” reads the inscription of a 1558 woodcut from the famous work shop of LUKAS CRANACH in Wittenberg. It reflects some of the self awareness of the people of Wittenberg, who experienced the Reformation as both observers and participants.
The Top Ten Best Programs:
* A day in Wittenberg for confirmation classes, children and youth
* “Castle Church at Night” – A unique discovery journey next to the thesis door and the tomb of Martin Luther
* Presentation: “Runaway Nuns, Subversive Princesses & Other Women of the Reformation”
* Discovery journey in the Town Church where Luther preached, - the 1st protestant church in the world
* Guided tours in Wittenberg - the town, churches and museums - by the pilgrims pastor
* Paul Gerhardt – the way of life of this famous Lutheran hymn writer. Presentations & guided tours in his nearby hometown of Gräfenhainichen and his study place in Wittenberg
* “Luther-City-Rallye” – a do-it-yourself discovery tour of Wittenberg
* “Sounds of silence” – Introduction to the Gregorian chant of psalms etc.
* Worship services, prayers, journey blessings
* Training of church guides
All of these are available in German and English!